“No Man’s life liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session”.

- attributed to NY State Judge Gideon Tucker



Sunday, May 24, 2009

What John Edwards & Newt Have In Common

I was browsing through a bookstore recently with a friend when I came upon several books by political figures.

One was Elizabeth Edwards' offering, Resilience. Around the corner, on the next rack, was one of those 'habits you should cultivate' things by Newt Gingrich and his daughter.

I began to make impolite jokes to my friend about Elizabeth Edwards' hypothetical attitude toward her husband's love child, sending her into fits of laughter.

Then it hit me. Those two guys, although polar opposites, politically, share one thing in common. And it's not a good thing.
While I like and respect Gingrich immensely, politically, didn't he choose to have an affair with another woman while his (first) wife was ill with cancer?
Isn't that what John-boy Edwards did, too?
Who'd have thought these completely politically opposite, national figures would share such a thing? And such a character flaw, too, for someone aspiring to, or having served at, a high level national office?








No comments: