“No Man’s life liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session”.

- attributed to NY State Judge Gideon Tucker



Tuesday, April 6, 2010

More On Massachusetts' Heath Care Woes

On a weekend visit with my daughter in New Hampshire, I heard an interesting anecdote regarding Massachusetts's health care.

It seems my daughter has friends whose parents are both doctors. Under the new price control regime, the money they receive for treating the insured poor is regulated and, basically, below cost.

The doctors have the right to refuse treatment, but the husband of the couple, given his particular field, doesn't feel it is ethical to do so.

So he is losing his shirt, financially-speaking.

My daughter told me that with the coming new, more draconian Patrick price controls, the couple plans to move out of the state, in order to be able to earn a living practicing medicine.

When all 50 states are like that, where will doctors go?

That's the subject of my next post.....

No comments: