“No Man’s life liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session”.

- attributed to NY State Judge Gideon Tucker



Friday, September 3, 2010

The Nanny State's Omnipresent Gaze

I wrote this post on Wednesday regarding New York as a classical Nanny State.

Thanks to my Sitemeter information, I can now tell you that the folks running the Empire Nanny State are also behaving like Big Brother, watching every little opinion expressed about them.

For example, by Wednesday afternoon, I had five visits, nearly half of the day's blog traffic, from New York state employees in Averill Park and Bear Mountain State Park.

Empire State employees spent a total of roughly 35 minutes reading 18 pages of my blog.

I guess my little expose of how draconian New York State is in its control of who uses its recreational waterways, and how, aroused the curiosity, and maybe fear, of the state's bureaucrats.

As usual, I have the visiting computers' IP addresses. So, theoretically, one could identify the people in New York who were wasting taxpayer time and money on my article. But I'm not going to invade their privacy by publishing the addresses.

Do you think their webcrawler will find this post, too? And waste even more time worrying about my blog, and my ability to identify the involved public sector employees?

Maybe it's a good thing that I live in New Jersey.

No comments: