“No Man’s life liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session”.

- attributed to NY State Judge Gideon Tucker



Wednesday, October 20, 2010

NY's Gubernatorial' Candidates Debate

Since I live near, but not in, New York, I see a fair amount of news coverage of the state and city. But the recent antics at a joint appearance/debate among seven candidates to govern the state drew national coverage.

I don't claim to know the names of all seven. Only Paladino and Cuomo.

But to me, the funniest line by far was by another white male candidate who said, to paraphrase,

'My qualifications are that I haven't been arrested for prostitution, I'm not a felon and my dad wasn't governor of the state.'

Hilarious. Now I just want to know which candidate is the felon. I would think that would disqualify one for governor of New York. Perhaps it was only being charged with a felony.

No comments: