“No Man’s life liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session”.

- attributed to NY State Judge Gideon Tucker



Thursday, June 23, 2011

Regarding Union Dues and Beck

In response to this recent post regarding Boeing vs. the NLRB, one of my readers, Luke, wrote two comments:


"I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic: "I wasn't aware that Boeing's engineers were unionized." The implication being that they aren't...you should know that yes, most of Boeing's engineers are unionized, and I'm one of them. Not by choice of course."


"Well officially I am a "Beck Objector," so I am officially a member but I pay a reduced union fee (supposedly the percentage that they spend on political action). Make sure your teacher friend knows of that right!"


Funny you should mention the Beck excecption. I did mention it to my friend who, on first hearing, was surprised. However, as I repeated what you wrote, he cut me off dismissively and related the following.

If a teacher approaches his union representative to request a Beck-based reduction in dues deducted from his check, he is warned that, although it is his right to do so, if he does, and he is sued by the school, district or any parents, the union will let him hang alone and not lift a finger to protect him.

Nice, huh?

Being a teacher in a public school, it's no stretch to see him being the target of some lawsuit. Who knows, perhaps other unionized teachers could facilitate some parent or the school bringing suit, just to make an example of any teacher foolish enough to try to stiff the union on its legal extortion...... errr.....dues?

Pure union intimidation and coercion. So much for Beck and the niceties that Congress thinks it has legislated on behalf of union employees who it wrongly believes are beyond the reach of union thuggery.

No comments: