“No Man’s life liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session”.

- attributed to NY State Judge Gideon Tucker



Wednesday, June 9, 2010

More Mediocrity: Lance Re-Nominated

I did my part yesterday to try to throw one the bums out who currently resides in our House of Representatives.

Regrettably, the bum in question, Republican Leonard Lance, fended off three more conservative challengers to run for a second House term.

According to a news article detailing Lance's and Freylinghausen's escape from defeat by Tea Party-related challengers, New Jersey's latent moderate politics was the reason for their reprieve.

Funny, but living in one of the four worst-managed states, in terms of debt and tax levels, that sense of moderation just doesn't ring true.

I am now faced with an unpleasant choice between voting for a Republican idiot, or voting for whichever Democrat faces him, just to toss the incumbent.

Right now, I'm seriously leaning toward the Democrat, which is very hard for me to believe.

But Lance is that distasteful and repugnant that I'm left with no alternative.

No comments: