“No Man’s life liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session”.

- attributed to NY State Judge Gideon Tucker



Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Voting Leonard Lance Out

I live in a Congressional district represented by one of those old, wily, milquetoast Republicans named Leonard Lance.

I first, and last, wrote about the twit in this post back in October of last year. His current ads and fliers all portray him as Tea-Party friendly, against big government, etc., etc. The videos show his grinning visage as he takes some walk in the park with a woman I assume to be his wife.

Like the state's senior, nearly-dead Senator, Lautenberg, Lance looks like he already belongs in a pine box. The type of professional politician I have come to hate. Merely for being a professional second-rate pol.

As my prior, linked post noted, it's unlikely Lance even understands the bulk of the bills on which he has voted.

Though I don't consider myself a party member, I am a registered Republican, else I could not vote in primaries.

Thus, for the first time in ages, I had the pleasure of voting for someone besides the incumbent Representative in a GOP primary. And I surely did just that.

Truth to tell, among the three challengers, I only recognized one name. It was a guy who apparently didn't file several years of tax returns. So it fell to a choice between the other two challengers to Lance.

I chose the one who was not what the ballot described as "Mainstream" Republican.

It was quite a pleasure to cast a vote against Lance, and, yet, still for a non-Democrat.

I'm hoping Lance loses today. Can't wait to see the post-poll closing tabulations.

No comments: